Coding with Robots
Based on the BBC micro:bit and Maqueen Robot
This is a beginner workshop that is designed to teach children the basics of coding and programming of robots. It is based on the micro:bit programming device developed by the BBC. The students will be given an introduction to the popular Microsoft MakeCode and Python programming languages.
Half day to full day
(typically covers up to
50 chlidren in a day)
Primary and Secondary
Get Creative with the micro:bit
Code the Maqueen Robot
- Code the LED display to show your name, smiley faces, flash light sequences and more.
- Code to move the robot in patterns.
- Code an obstacle avoiding robot.
- Code to use the accelerometer and thermometer sensors.
- Code to build a compass.
- Primary school children will learn to use Microsoft Makecode.
- Secondary School Children will learn to use MicroPython as well as Makecode.
Meet out robots
- Bluetooth control
- Obstacle avoidance
- Text-Speech communication
- Object detection and tracking
- Travel on outdoor terrain